Steak & Fries Review


This week I explored yet another restaurant in Campus Town. Campus Town is right across the street from Bradley University, which is located in Peoria, IL. Campus Town is a small grouping of businesses that allows Bradley students to shop for convenient goods and dine with friends. Since I had a few minutes to spare before more 1 PM class on Monday, I decided to stop by Steak & Fries.


Upon walking into Steak & Fries, I expected a polished and clean interior. Sadly, this was not the case. Pretty much everything inside Steak & Fries was outdated. The only piece of interior that was new was the Coke machine. Although the interior of this restaurant was not polished to my liking, I was there to taste the food, not judge the interior. 

I decided to try the 7" steak supreme with a combo. The steak supreme came topped with steak, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo. After taking the first bite of this sandwich, I realized the flavor was very tasty. The meat was tender, fresh, and seasoned well. The sautéed veggies added a complex flavor that complimented the steak well. Finally, the soft bread and the melted cheese made this sandwich even more premium, in my opinion.

While the food is great, the customer service is not. When I was dining, I did not see an employee smile once. To add to this unfriendly environment, I was greeted at the register with a man saying, "what do you want?" Rude! When I picked my sandwich up, I said thank you. the lady stayed remained silent and did not say "you are welcome."

If you are looking for a good steak sandwich, I would recommend Steak & Fries. Just make sure you take your sandwich to go, so you do not have to deal with the awful customer service.

Comments

  1. I have never eaten at Steak and Fries because I am afraid to venture out to new places in Campus Town because I don't know if I will like it and I don't want to waste my money on food I won't eat. If I was going to order food from there I would definitely take it to go because sitting in there I would be worried for my safety because Campus Town isn't the safest place to be at. The image of the food looks very good and I might try it before I graduate. I'm sorry that the customer experience wasn't the best but at least the food was good and you didn't waste your money on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who has grown up in Peoria my whole life, I can attest to this review. The food is delicious and a ton of my other townie friends are obsessed with it. They go there whenever they come back in town. I don't go there a ton because I hate the atmosphere, but definitely good food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment