Chipotle’s New Carne Asada

One of my biggest problems with going to fast-food restaurants is a lack of flavor. For example, if I were to get a combo from McDonald’s, including chicken nuggets, fries and a coke, my whole meal would taste like three ingredients. The ingredients are oil, salt and sugar. While a craving for fries and a coke might happen occasionally, I would not considerate that a very tasty diet.

To me, a tasty meal is any meal that includes natural ingredients with some added spice. One fast-food restaurant that allows me to eat natural ingredients with a little extra spicy kick to it is Chipotle. I love Chipotle because I am able to customize my meal while adding different levels of complexity to it. For example, if I am just in the mood for some lime and cilantro rice with steak and salsa, I can order it. If I am in the mood for something a bit more complex, I can involve almost all of the ingredients for the same price.

Recently, I went to Chipotle for a last-minute meal and I ordered the new carne asada, which is grilled marinated steak. I decided to include this new menu option in a burrito bowl. To set the foundation, I started with lime and cilantro rice. From there I added carne asada and veggies (onions and peppers). My bowl then got passed on to the next guy, and he asked me what salsa I wanted on to. I said you can put them all on. The guy was like dope I can do that. I then skipped the rest of the ingredients, because they are not tasty, and they fill me up quicker. One the other hand, my girlfriend ordered the same thing as me except she only got the mild salsa and she added sour cream and cheese.

As we sat down at a table, I snapped a picture of the food and we ate. The first bite was magical. I can’t think of another word to describe this burrito bowl except for magical. The meat was extremely tender and juicy, and the flavors from the other ingredients worked in harmony. I then added chipotle sauce, and oh my goodness. My mind was blown. It was the best thing since ’09. That was the year Drake released his first album. Nothing can beat that year. But in all honesty, EVERYONE should try this the new menu option, carne asada, at Chipotle.

Comments

  1. Chipotle is amazing, I could eat it pretty much everyday of the week. I usually stick to chicken but I'll have to try the carne asada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you reviewed this because I’ve been on the fence about trying it! Might have to swing by Chipotle this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment