Masala Cafe Review


When most people think about food, they think about cheese burgers, pizza, and fried chicken. All of these options are good American treats, but when I think about food, I think exotic. I feel like many individuals get used to the same foods they have eaten their whole lives and they don’t venture out and try new things. I am the complete opposite. I really enjoy eating exotic food, because it is the one time I feel like I am stepping into another culture. Today I stepped into Indian culture.

The Indian restaurant I went to is named Masala Café. Masala Café is located in the heart of Peoria, IL. Since much of Peoria is not the nicest city, the location of Masala Café is not ideal. However, when I walked into the restaurant, I was greeted by a friendly server. He came over to my table and asked me if I had ever tried Indian food before. I told him that I have had Indian food a few times, but I wanted to try as much food as possible. As soon as I told him this, he pointed to the “Masala Platter” on the menu. He told me that I would be able to try a little bit of everything if I ordered this. So, I did what anyone would do, I ordered the Masala Platter. The platter was served with seekh kabob pieces, chicken boti, and pepper chicken. I was told that I would receive a lot more food too. The picture shows just how much food I received.

Let me first say that the Indian food I ate is in the top 5 of foods I have ever tried. I told the guy that I like spicy food and every bite had the right amount of heat. The flavors in each dish were indescribable. I can’t reference each dish in the picture because I don’t remember the name of the dishes, but this restaurant is a must. I’m trading in my Chinese takeout for Indian food. I can’t wait to go back to Masala Café again to revisit Indian culture.  

 
 

Comments

  1. Nice, I heard about this place but I’ve never been. Can’t go wrong with Indian food though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rec! I love Indian food but I was having a hard time finding a good spot in Peoria. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment