Pho on Main II Review


Nontraditional food is sort of my favorite kind of food. When I go out to eat, I don't look for the best cheeseburger or the best chicken nuggets. I look for food that allows me to explore the flavors in different cultures. I have always been the one in my family that would try "weird foods." Sometimes I would like these foods, and other times I would question my judgment.  However, if I tried food I didn't like, I would promise myself that I would try it in the future. When I was a child, I thought green beans, artichokes, and asparagus were all disgusting. Now, these are some of my favorite vegetables. I know, none of those vegetables are "weird foods", but when to are six years old, they sure as hell aren't your first choice. In the past few years, I have tried many foods that people would consider weird. Some of the weird foods I've tried include iguana, octopus tentacles, and now tripe (cow stomach).
 
Pho on Main II is located in Campus Town next to Bradley University. I arrive at Pho on Main II on Saturday at around 2 PM, and to my surprise, the place was still full. When I first walked in, I noticed a couple of characteristics of the restaurant. First, I noticed there was no checkout counter, which I thought was weird because the employees were sitting in chairs against the wall. The second thing I noticed was how clean the restaurant was. After I walked in, the waiter told me I could sit anywhere there was a menu on the table. So, I did. The first option that stuck out to me on the menu was the #4. The #4 was pho with rare steak, well-done brisket, and tripe. If you have read some of my other food reviews, you know that I like my food spicy, so I also asked for red pepper oil.  This was not my first-time eating Pho, so it tasted exactly as I expected. The broth was soothing on a cold day. The meat was tender and added a nice flavor to the soup. The rice noodles helped fill me up! My medium bowl was around $10, and I thought that was a good deal since I could walk to Pho on Main II from my apartment. The next time you a looking for a warm meal on a cold day, I would consider Pho on Main II!

Comments

  1. I love pho on main! I've never asked for the chili oil with it though-good idea I will try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good the last time I was in there! I forgot how cheap it was though, might have to grab that when it gets a little colder.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment